Process My Student Loans
But first, a note about your use of the Site
At the time you register for a PMSL account, you will choose and provide us with an email address, password, social security number date of birth, bank account login credentials and Federal PIN. In addition, with your permission we will upload your student loan information to our Site in order to provide recommendations on how you should pay back your student loans. When you login and use the Site and give us permission to access your student loan data, your information and activities will be visible to us, but to no other person.
What information do we collect?
Information provided by you:
You may provide us with certain personally identifiable information when you:
- register for a PMSL account;
- login and actually use the Site;
- request customer support or send us any other communication;
- sign up for newsletters, email alerts, and special offers;
- respond to surveys;
- give us permission and the information necessary to upload your student loan information;
- register for an advanced profile which will include your personal income, employment status, household size, college enrollment status and other demographic data;
- opt in to using PMSL’s federal Direct loan consolidation and repayment plan request tool, which will include school enrollment status, tax filing status, marital status, student loan repayment statuses, names, addresses, and phone numbers of two references, your family size, and if you choose an income-driven repayment plan, tax return information limited to your Adjusted Gross Income from one of the last two years.
Such information may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, student loan balances and terms, account numbers, lenders, social security number, and Federal Student Aid username and password. You may also provide us with information about other people, such as their email addresses, if you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Site or our promotions.
Information collected by Cookies:
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our website. These companies help operate our websites and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with PMSL and other legal restrictions. PMSL does not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our websites. Certain functionalities related to the provision of additional products and services require marketers to share website usage information about visitors to the Site, who have received a targeted promotional campaign, with a reputable third-party advertising company for the purpose of targeting future campaigns and upgrading visitor information used in reporting statistics. To this end, PMSL’s third-party advertising company makes a note of some of the pages you visit on the Site through the use of pixel tags.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Information collected by Web Beacons and Log Files
SLH collects certain non-personally identifiable information through the use of web beacons and log files. Such information may include your IP address, browser type, site usage, and whether you opened emails you received from us.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Account information. Your private account information can be changed in the Profile section of the Site. If you have any questions about what information is stored or would like to modify or obtain a copy of such information, please contact us at email@example.com or
- Process My Student Loans.
- Attn: Privacy Officer
- 1080 S. La Cienega Blvd.
- Suite 310
- Los Angeles, CA 90035
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our services.
At this time, Process My Student Loans does not respond to automated signals regarding tracking mechanisms, including “do not track” instructions from your browser.
How do we secure your information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we use commercially reasonable and generally-accepted technological safeguards to secure any information we collect about you. You will be automatically logged out of your PMSL account after fifteen minutes of non-activity. The secure server software (SSL) we use encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. In addition, your PMSL account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You should always take steps to protect the confidentiality of the password you select. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
We use the following specific measures to protect your PMSL account and data we store about you:
- 256-bit encryption issued by Comodo SSL;
- 2048-bit next generation SSL certificates as recommended by the National Institute of Standards and Technology;
- All access to PMSL servers is secured and restricted from access by any external sources;
- Recurring scans provided by McAfee Secure to detect and correct any security vulnerabilities.
You may also choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website.
We work very hard to protect your privacy, but we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security.
How do we use your information?
We use the personally identifiable information you provide to:
- provide the features and functionality of the Site;
- send you information about our products and services;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth;
- help us create content and show advertisements that are most relevant to you;
- send you information about third party products and services;
- assist you in completing and submitting a federal Direct loan consolidation application and repayment plan request if you opt in to PMSL’s federal Direct loan consolidation and repayment plan request tool.
We use your email address to communicate with you about your account and to send you certain notification emails. We may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send marketing messages and notifications from time-to-time whether or not you created an account with us.
You may unsubscribe by visiting your profile page.
We use non-personally identifiable information to monitor the use and performance of the Site so that we can learn more about how people use the Site which helps us improve our products and services and significantly enhance your experience on our website.
Generally, PMSL does not share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies without your consent except that:
If you sign up for a promotion or enroll in a service we offer in partnership with a third party, we may provide information (such as your name, email address, and account activity) to such third parties.
PMSL may also release information (including your name, addresses, telephone number, and account activity) when we, in our sole discretion believe that such release is necessary or appropriate to:
- comply with law;
- comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government investigations, or other legal process;
- enforce or apply the terms of any of our user or license agreements;
- investigate or respond to allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity
- investigate fraud or similar claims;
- protect the rights, property or safety of PMSL, our users, or others;
- protect our operations;
- permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
PMSL may disclose non-personally-identifiable information to third parties in aggregate form to potential business partners and investors.
PMSL may use third party service providers to place ads on our behalf across the internet and sometimes on the Site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Site, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a web beacon, which is industry standard technology used by most major sites. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service providers, please contact us at email@example.com.
In addition, we will offer our users the opportunity to opt-in to receive emails, notifications of promotions and the like offered by our partners from such partners. You have the right to decline to opt-in to take advantage of this service.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
- Process My Student Loans.
- Attn: Privacy Officer
- 1080 S. La Cienega Blvd.
- Suite 310
- Los Angeles, CA 90035
Special Notification for Vermont Residents
For purposes of compliance with the Vermont Consumer Protection Act, if you are a resident of the State of Vermont and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third-party for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.